Friday, March 23, 2012

#8 Shady beanie

Number 8 on my list is Vickie Howell's Shady Beanie!

This beanie is fast, fun, and truly one-size-fits-all. the pattern calls for larger dpns and a worsted weight yarn like Caron Simply Soft held double. This combination makes a fast knit that ends up very soft and plush.


I first made this for a friend for Christmas. I used Caron Simply Soft in navy and black. It ended up being a getnle fade from navy to black, almost undetectable and very manly. The guy worked in a factory setting, and none of his coworkers could believe that he hadn't bought it at a store.

My favorite part about this hat is tied between the dual color stripes and the right twist that gives the ribs a mock-cable feel.

The second time I made this, I was on the way to my honeymoon in Protland, OR. I flew from Atlanta, GA and between when the first flight took of and the second flight landed, it was done!

Here's a pic of that one, using Caron Simply Soft in Black and Green:


About the Designer
If you don't know Vickie Howell already, then shame on you! She hosted Knitty Gritty as well as Stylelicious, and has authored tons of great books like her newest Knit Aid and Pop Goes Crochet. She's a spokeswoman for Caron Yarns and an all around awesome mom and rolemodel for women!

Love this Pattern?
Find it on ravelry here
Check out Vickie's other patterns here
And her website here.

No comments:

Post a Comment